See below for online and CD rehearsal aids:
Mozart – Coronation Mass
- YouTube – as well as performance recordings some kind souls have provided emphasised parts along with the score, as with Choirparts. The quickest search method is probably along the lines of composer + piece + voice part, e.g. mozart coronation mass alto 2
- ChordPerfect – real voices so very clear. Free online.
- Choralia – website with synthetic ‘chipmunk’ voices but very helpful – you can adjust the play speed and voice balance. It is free to use but donations are welcome (and occasionally suggested).
- ChoraLine – CDs or downloads for purchase. They feature voice parts emphasised in different instruments and provide helpful cues for your entrances. Prices from £9.99 to £13.99. Caution:
- the scores for sale do not appear to be the same version
- links to demo rehearsal recordings can link to pieces by other composers previously selected…
- JohnF’s Rehearsal Files – instruments rather than voices but helpful nevertheless – registration is required before the files can be seen and used but there is no charge for access to pieces which are out of copyright (log in or search from Home page if this link does not take you to the correct page).
Handel – Four Coronation Anthems
Notes as above.
- The Sixteen with Harry Christophers – N.B. the pitch of this recording is A = 415 Hz, i.e. approximately a semitone flatter than modern pitch.
- The Ambrosian Singers & Menuhin Festival Orchestra
- ChordPerfect – two anthems only – Let They Hand and The King Shall Rejoice
- Choralia – the anthems are listed separately in the catalogue:
- JohnF’s Rehearsal Files:
More rehearsal aids may be added in due course.